Check Your Eligibility Here

*Your Details Will Be Kept Confidential


UK Immigration Requirements

UK Immigration Requirements

The UK government has made several changes to UK Business Visa

Under this category an individual is allowed to come to the UK to work, albeit on his/her business.

The UK Visa consists of the following:

Tier 1 Visa: This accepts ‘high-value migrants’, entrepreneurs, investors, and ‘exceptionally talented’ persons. The funds needed are GBP (£200,000), from one of the following:

  • Gifts
  • Proceeds of Sale deed
  • Evidence from a business
  • Amount bequeathed in a Will
  • Divorce Settlement
  • Awards or winnings
  • Any other sources

Specific documents will be needed combined with the specific details on those documents. If the funds are not in the UK then the bank needs to confirm that the money can be transferred to the UK.

The person must also prove to be genuinely intending to run a business in the UK. He/ she should be well-prepared for starting/owning or buying an established business or join one as a director.

Tier 2 Visa:

The Tier 2 Work Permit category has been designed as a part of the UK’s new migration structure and requires applicants to have a Certificate of Sponsorship. A Certificate of Sponsorship is a unique reference number that a sponsor issues to a Tier 2 migrant worker whom it desires to employ in the UK. The CoS will allow the workers to enable them to take up employment with the UK based sponsoring company.

There are two categories:

Work Permit – General

The Work Permit category is designed for skilled job applicants coming to the United Kingdom with an offer to fill a gap in the workforce following a Residential Labor Test. Holders can change their job in the UK, but the process of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship needs to be repeated.

Intra-Company Transfer

The Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer category is for MNC employees who are transferred by an overseas employer to a skilled job in a UK based branch of their organization. Applicants are exempt from the English Language requirement for three years.

Ministers of Religion

Religious workers may seek long-term entry to the UK under the Tier 2 if they intend to stay for less than two years. Their role must not involve preaching and they must be sponsored by a religious institution which holds a Faith Body Endorsement from the relevant faith body.


The sportsperson category is for internationally established elite sports athletes and coaches who are at the top level, and are in a position to make a significant contribution to the development of their sport.

Tier 3 Visa: Tier 3 was never made operational and on 25th March 2013, Prime Minister announced that it was to be shut down completely.

Tier 4 Visa: An aspirant can apply for a Tier 4 General student visa to study in the UK after attaining 16 years of age:

The other criterions are:

  • They must have been offered a place on a course
  • They can speak, read, write and understand English
  • They have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
  • They meet the other eligibility requirements

UK has great universities, museums, restaurants, theaters, and parks. Migrating to UK changes life and broadens the expertise, experience, and vision of the student.

Tier 5 Visa:

An aspirant can apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker – Government Authorized Exchange visa provided:

  • He/she wants to visit UK for a short time for work experience/ training, in an Overseas Government Language Program, research or a fellowship through an approved Government Authorized Exchange Scheme
  • They have a sponsor
  • They meet the other eligibility requirements


You need to have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply.

Your work, training or research in the UK must be directly related to the work of your sponsor organization.