Check Your Eligibility Here

*Your Details Will Be Kept Confidential


USA Religious R1

USA R1 Religious Visa

Religious workers are permitted to work in the US for a period of up to 5 years with R1 Visa. It is a nonimmigrant visa which allows holders to apply for a Green Card-United States Immigration Visa for permanent residence. Ministers of religion who are approved by an acknowledged denomination to conduct religious worship and carry out other duties usually performed by members of the clergy are eligible for R1 Visa.  There is no unique type of training required to carry out their function however, licenses, ordination certificate and formal letter of conferral can serve as the proof of such qualifications. Requisites for R1 are different than a US Work Permit and Business Visa. Deacons and Practitioners of Christian Science, Officers of the Salvation Army can be considered Ministers. Spouse and children under the age of 21 years can get an R2 Visa to accompany or join the visa holder. Employment is not allowed on R2 US Visa.

Eligibility for R1 Visa

You are a part of a religious denomination having a bonafide organization which has not been set up for the purpose of making a profit in the US

The religious denomination is eligible for tax exempt status

You have been a member of the denomination for 2 years immediately prior admission

You are coming to United States to carry out the work of a minister of that denomination or at the request of the organization, The applicant is entering United States as a religious worker for the denomination or for an association affiliated with the denomination

You have lived and been physically present outside the United States for the immediate previous year, if you had formerly spent five years in this category